Complete dentures are used to replace missing teeth for people with no remaining teeth. Dentures may also be used for people who have lost several teeth. In this case, the appliance is called a partial denture or an overdenture.
YOUR SMILE HAS OPTIONS
Tooth loss may result from periodontal disease (gum disease), tooth decay, or traumatic injury. It is very important to replace missing teeth. The ill effects of not doing so can be a shift in remaining teeth, an inability to bite and chew properly, as well as a sagging facial appearance, which makes one appear older than they are.
The beauty of dentures today is that they are designed to be comfortable and functional. They are very similar in appearance to natural teeth, and can improve a smile or facial appearance.
The cost of dentures depends on several factors, including:
- The possible requirement of an additional procedure such as extractions of remaining teeth or oral surgery to refine bony ridges.
- The type of dental insurance you have.
The complexity of the removable denture that is required.
- Dental materials selected by the patient and the dentist. For example, highly cross-linked polymer denture teeth are more esthetic and do not wear as much as conventional plastic teeth and are more expensive. There are different metals that can be used in removable partial dentures that may also increase the cost.
- The type of warranty offered. Some warranties may be for one to two years, while others may run up to 10 years.
Types Of Dentures
There are many types of dentures to select from. However, in the process of removing your teeth, we can arrange for immediate dentures to take place as your temporary smile while your gums and mouth heal. This way you are not without teeth proceeding your treatment.
Conventional dentures typically take 8-12 weeks to fit as your mouth has healed and the bone is now set in place. This type of denture allows you to have the best fit once your mouth has healed.
What You Can Expect
Whether you are having tooth extraction, or needing a partial denture for your mouth, we have you covered.
- A full consultation with the dentist
- A plan of treatment that best meets your needs
- A clear understanding of the cost of dentures
Main Street Dental Is A Top Rated Cosmetic Dentist.
FOR A LIMITED TIME, MAIN STREET DENTAL IS OFFERING ABSOLUTELY FREE COSMETIC DENTISTRY CONSULTATIONS!
As an added benefit, our office is pleased to offer easy, NO INTEREST financing that enables you to extend your payments over a period of time.