Complete dentures are used to replace missing teeth for people with no remaining teeth. Dentures may also be used for people who have lost several teeth. In this case, the appliance is called a partial denture or an overdenture.
Tooth loss may result from periodontal disease (gum disease), tooth decay, or traumatic injury. It is very important to replace missing teeth. The ill effects of not doing so can be a shift in remaining teeth, an inability to bite and chew properly, as well as a sagging facial appearance, which makes one appear older than they are.
The beauty of dentures today is that they are designed to be comfortable and functional. They are very similar in appearance to natural teeth, and can improve a smile or facial appearance.
The cost of dentures depends on several factors, including:
- The possible requirement of an additional procedure such as extractions of remaining teeth or oral surgery to refine bony ridges.
- The type of dental insurance you have.
- The complexity of the removable denture that is required.
- Dental materials selected by the patient and the dentist. For example, highly cross-linked polymer denture teeth are more esthetic and do not wear as much as conventional plastic teeth and are more expensive. There are different metals that can be used in removable partial dentures that may also increase the cost.
- The type of warranty offered. Some warranties may be for one to two years, while others may run up to 10 years.
Main Street Dental accepts most dental insurance plans and we are also pleased to offer easy, NO INTEREST financing if you do not have insurance or if your insurance plan will only provide partial coverage.
For a free consultation to learn more about dentures, call us at (760) 295-9870 or click here to request an appointment online.
State of the Art
When you enter our well-appointed greeting-area, you will be met by our friendly staff that will check you in and answer any pre-treatment questions you may have. Once in the dental chair, you will see how much we care about your comfort and convenience. A beverage bar is available for refreshments, paraffin hand treatments are provided for that “spa” feeling, and blankets can be given for added comfort.
Each operatory is equipped with flat-panel LCD televisions that serve two purposes: first, for our patients’ entertainment during procedures, and also, as a valuable tool the staff can use to visually demonstrate treatments, show you x-ray images, and review past treatments from your electronic patient chart. For entertainment purposes, we have full local TV and premium cable service.